Mar 4, 2012

This Day a Different Perfect

Thick haze hangs over the green and white striped canopy
And I wait with you
Yesterday, the sun glared hot, and hurt
And we lamented over and over how tomorrow would be worse
But it is only heavy - and covered with a summer yellow grayness, which eases the sun's sting
And the breeze passes through consolingly

"It is still bad", you say
"Yes", I concede with a nod

You had longed for the more gentle side of the season, I know
And have not yet learned to find your own shade
You sit beside me waiting
Not telling me something you want to say

I ask in my subdued, partial sentences about what is wrong - and what you need
Just right - I think - for your age and sex -
Knowing how quickly I say too much these days

You just look ahead
Still and low
"It's hot", you say

No comments:

Post a Comment