Mar 5, 2012

Things I did for You

This morning I made your favorite cookies - because I miss you - and was excited about spending 10 minutes with you while you shoveled them down
I made two cakes - because sometimes you like all chocolate - sometimes white but still with chocolate frosting (and you're so skinny anyway)
I picked up some steak and grilled chicken, sour cream, guacamole, and 3 kinds of cheese for tacos - you're always happy with a taco - (and it gives me tremendous pleasure to see you happy!)
I left a package of double stuff oreos in your room for your SAT practice breaks
I put out a platter of your favorite fruits and made them pretty on the plate - berries, melons, bananas - berries, melons, bananas, - in a pattern just like that - from the center out - like a blooming fruity flower - and with a bowl of whipped cream - and I grated real vanilla bean with that new grater from William Sonoma - which is really a Nutmeg grater (but it worked  nicely anyway)

I didn't realize you had other plans today.
Tomorrow I will go out buy myself some larger clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment